Re: Mac OS X: deprecating 10.7 and 10.8

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 10:52:23AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'd like to move Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8 from SUPPORTED to DEPRECATED.
> It seems that still being on 10.9 is respectable, but I think older
> versions aren't getting security updates.
>
> (I just updated bootstrap/README.MacOSX, but avoided policy changes.)
>
> Objections/comments?

I don' think this is a good idea. Mac OS 10.7 is the last version that
works on Intel Macs with 32bit CPUs or 32bit only EFI like the
Mac Pro 1.1 and 2.1. I had such a Mac Pro until last year and it
was still a very usable piece of hardware.

And those systems of course really need a way to get some modern software
(e.g. OpenSSL and OpenSSH) on them.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                 https://zhadum.org.uk/