Re: rsync and pbulk

* On 2015-10-23 at 17:57 BST, Richard PALO wrote:

> Le 23/10/15 17:36, Joerg Sonnenberger a écrit :
> > On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 03:29:51PM +0200, Richard PALO wrote:
> >> I actually had better success with the pure joyent patches.
> >> I applied both the earlier and this mornings patch that joerg did:
> >
> > That looks a build that does nothing. I never got around to shuffle the
> > init logic around a bit to check for jobs before running the start
> > script. Essentially, the first client would check for a job, finds
> > nothing and triggers the shutdown. That's why the others are getting a
> > connection refused.
> >
> > Joerg
> >

> In the joyent patches, prior to integrating your recent patches, I could always
> rebuild a package that failed initially and usually be able to restart...
> more or less where I left off
> (I had some problemes initially but I believe at the time I was not
> on the most current joyent branch and not updating pbulk-base only pbulk).
>
> With the current errors, I have no choice but to start all over, in my current
> case (bulk-medium + my commonly used packages) that's hours and hours lost.
>
> It would naturally be nice to be able to do both after a build with any failures.
> That is, both bulkbuild-rebuild *and* bulkbuild-restart.

The general procedure to avoid having to restart from scratch is to
remove the failed package from the meta/error file then
bulkbuild-restart.  That has always worked ok for me.

> Also, although it may be more related to joyents patches than otherwise, it would
> be nice if for any reason after invoking a bulkbuild script and subsequently aborting
> e.g. ^C...  upon the next invocation, the chroots are in the way needing cleanup -
> currently manually, which when many is a nuissance.

Yes, this is specific to our patches.  It would be nice to have a way
to automatically clear up the chroots but it is non-trivial and needs
to ensure that an accidental run of a bulk build does not go and
destroy one that might be currently running.