gettext-tools with g-prefix (was Re: xgettext with UI files support)

Le 18/06/15 20:53, Richard PALO a écrit :
> Le 17/06/15 23:39, Richard PALO a écrit :
>> Le 17/06/15 17:42, Ryo ONODERA a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> From: Richard PALO <richard%netbsd.org@localhost>, Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 12:13:34 +0200

>>> (snip)

>>> Could you provide me any hint about what problem is fixed with g-prefix?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

>> most solaris platforms traditionally have *at least* native gettext, msgfmt, and xgettext
>> in /usr/gnu/bin and g-prefixed binaries in /usr/bin.
>>
>> The problem to be fixed is when pkgsrc gettext-tools should be used, but
>> with the g-prefix, GNU configure can pick up native for those *and then*
>> pkgsrc gettext for the rest.
>>
>> For a example, take a look at databases/gnome-mime-data wrt gmsgfmt.
>>
>> cheers
>>

> FWIW, my work-in-progress is :
> http://www.netbsd.org/~richard/gettext-tools.diff
> http://www.netbsd.org/~richard/gettext.mk.patch
>
> gettext.mk.patch doesn't [yet] add any other frequently used
> gettext tools but now does the alias for pkgsrc g-prefix tools.
>
> gettext-tools.diff has some test specific things (gt_cv_locale_fr and asprintf)
> and uses pkgsrc libxml2 instead of the included one, but now does the PKGGNUDIR thing.
>
> Hopefully there is interest in something along these lines after the
> quarterly drop.

The patches mentioned above seem to work fine for both pkgsrc and local (non pkgsrc) use.
Here are the packages installed on my system needing USE_TOOLS updated with 'xgettext' and for good
measure 'msgmerge' in order to build at all (with pkg_rr):
>          archivers/file-roller
> [...]

This doesn't necessarily catch any other gettext tools missing from USE_TOOLS
that are still picked up natively (possibly mixed native/pkgsrc)... but it is a start.
Bulk building is the only way to find the rest of the afflicted packages.

--
Richard PALO