Re: Building Asterisk with PostgreSQL support

On Jun 20, 11:02am, Mike Bowie wrote:
}
} Since you're mentioning it, there are a couple of other "gotchas" with
} modern (post 1.8) * under NetBSD which I've run across. (Untested on
} other platforms.)
}
} The first is that res_timing_kqueue.so appears to have a race condition,

     Which version of NetBSD are you using?  There was a kernel
bug related to this, but that was fixed some time ago.

} which causes it to stall indefinitely until * eats all it's available
} file handles. This can be seen building via "sip show channels"
} maintaining connections which never die, and "timing test" going totally
} sideways. Disabling it in modules.conf, falling back to
} res_timing_pthread.so appears to work around that.
}
} The second is that the new pjproject code fairly consistently crashes *
} as channel load picks up to ~15 active channels. The patch I've cat'd
} below hacks out the PJ code in the build, reverting to the original *
} RTP code. While I did manage to build * with DONT_OPTIMIZE (and

     Thanks, I'll take this patch in the next update.

} struggled a bit with the way menuconfig works... or doesn't) the PJ code
} doesn't include symbols with that flag, and I never figured out how to
} do so to get a deeper BT. * 13 drops the legacy RTP code altogether, so
} at some point this will have to be figured out more appropriately.
}
}-- End of excerpt from Mike Bowie