Re: thunderbird-enigmail

Ryo ONODERA <ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> From: Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost>, Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 15:10:43 +0000
>
>> On 04.06.2015 14:57, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>>> Is your package compatible with www/seamonkey?
>>>

>> At the moment no, but it shouldn't be too hard to add support for it.
>>
>> https://www.enigmail.net/download/source.php
>>
>> Likely just custom PKGNAME and do-install. I'm going to do it and create
>> wip/seamonkey-enigmail.
>
> Great.
> Thank you very much.
>
> By the way, should thunderbird-enigmail have thunderbird DEPENDS?
> Of course thunderbird-enigmail is not usable without thunderbird.
> But thunderbird is too large dependency...

I don't understand what you mean here.  It seems the
thunderbird-enigmail package should depend on thunderbird and install
bits so that one can use openpgp within thunderbird.  Are you suggesting
that the core enigmail code should be installed somehow in an enigmail
package, with only the bits that have to go in thunderbird-specific
locations in a thunderbird-enigmail package?  Are you suggesting this so
that both thunderbird-enigmail and seamonkey-enigmail can depend on the
enigmail common bits?  I can see this in theory, but
thunderbird-enigmail doesn't install any files except in
thunderbird-specific directories so it would require a reorg, and that
doesn't seem worth it.