Re: OpenBSD/amd64 / pkgtools/pkg_install - pkg_add compatible_platform() check oddness

On 22 May 2015 at 22:01, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
> * On 2015-05-22 at 21:00 BST, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
>
>> I still get
>> pkg_add: OpenBSD/x86_64 5.7 (pkg) vs. OpenBSD/amd64 5.7 (this host)
>
> It may be coming from bmake then, see devel/bmake/Makefile for some OS
> overrides passing --with-machine_arch, and files/os.sh which sets it
> explicitly, but you will still need the existing changes to make
> everything match up.
>
> Yes, this is all far, far too complicated and should be centralised.

in bootstrap/bootsrap
"# this replicates some of the logic in bsd.prefs.mk. until
# bootstrap-pkgsrc is merged into pkgsrc, we need to determine the
# right value for OPSYS and MACHINE_ARCH."

Following your advice I started looking at devel/bmake, I added a
--with-machine_arch to the Makefile & edited files/os.sh and
machine.sh.

It definitely appears that bmake tramples on anything that would've
been set in bootstrap if bmake already has things related to the OS
it's being built on.

I've yet to resolve the issue but I shall persist.

Sevan