Re: libressl status

"Paul B. Henson" <henson%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> I'd agree; libressl has functionality openssl doesn't (including the
> libtls functionality used by openntpd), and openssl has functionality
> removed from libressl. It's not really feasible to constrain an install
> to one or the other. Given my lack of pkgsrc depth I'm not sure exactly
> what "subprefix" means in this context though :).

Subprefix means to install it in /usr/pkg/libressl instead of /usr/pkg,
so there would be /usr/pkg/libressl/lib/libcrypto.so, and so on.   This
would mean there is a totally separate namespace.

Look at lang/guile20, to enable parallel installation with lang/guile.

At this point it seems like the arguments in favor of subprefix are
compelling enough that I would prefer to see that implemented in wip
pre-import.