Re: Questions about postfix/options.mk

HIRAMATSU Yoshifumi <hiramatsu%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> I have 2 questions(propositions) about postfix's options.mk.

I am assuming this is discussion for a change that might happen after
the freeze.   We're too close to the end to change things (when they've
been stable for years and not obviously an issue).

> 1. Can we move bdb definitions from options.mk to Makefile,
>    and remove bdb from PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS ?
>
>    "bdb" is a user settable option, but inside of options.mk,
>     it is always enabled.
>
>     Dovecot SASL option is always enabled in Makefile,
>     I think bdb option can be handled as same.

That sounds ok to me; it doesn't make sense to have options for non-options.

> 2. When "pgsql" option is enabled, options.mk adds "-lcrypt -lssl -lcrypto" to
>    the linker flags. But can we remove the "-lcrypt -lssl -lcrypto"?
>
>    The option leads to build fail on Mac OS X 10.10.1 because libcrypt
>    does not exist.
>
>    Removing "-lcrypt -lssl -lcrypto" fixes it, and on NetBSD(7.99.6, checked out on Mar 11)
>    and SmartOS(Joyent Public Cloud base64 image), postfix is built and run on succeeded
>    even if those flags are removed.

I'm assuming you also mean removing the openssl bl3 line.  Did you test
with tls disabled?

This seems likely ok, but I wonder why it was like that.  It was added
in r1.1 in 2004, so the cvs history is not helpful in explaining.