Re: libtool-base refusing to even start building on ia64-hp-hpux11.31

Paul Ackersviller <pda%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

> Yes... I don't really know enough about pkgsrc to know what problems
> to look for, to which you refer.  It does seem to me though that the
> situation may originate somewhere in bootstrapping, give that the above
> error is the entirety of my output, nothing more is attempted before
> or after.  I see no reference to dlopen anywhere in bootstrapping,
> so not sure where to go from here.

Not that this is easy to slog through, but see mk/dlopen*.   That is
trying to decide if the builtin dlopen is ok, and it seems on your
system it's deciding it isn't.   So the trick is to see if it's actually
ok and where the code is going wrong.