Re: Retirement of Ruby 1.8.7

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:22:33AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 >  = The Ruby programming language is not installed. Please obtain Ruby
 >  = (version 1.8 or later) from http://ruby-lang.org, or install a distribution
 >  = package. To build Amarok requires the Ruby header files as well, which some
 >  = distributions package separately.
 >  =
 >
 > and 1.9.3 is not recognized as ok.

Given that it says "1.8 or later", is there any evidence that there's
anything more here than it just needs to learn that 1.9 is an existing
Ruby version?

(Also, I don't think the kde3 amarok should be removed unless we've
decided it's time to start removing kde3. Maybe it's time for that; I
don't know what the general feeling is, I only remember that when kde4
came out there was a lot of "over my dead body" sentiment among kde
users.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost