Re: pkgtools/R2pkg package

On Feb 4, 2015, at 8:30 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Can you use a variable to use the right make automatically?   I don't
> really object to -b for bmake, but it seems unnecessary.  I wonder if
> there is prior art for this.

You mean an environment variable, right?  Clearly, that could also be done; the program already uses a couple of them.  However, I am not aware of any environment variables that otherwise get set to indicate the distinction.  For example, when pkgsrc is bootstrapped on NetBSD or otherwise, there is nothing indicate that bmake should be used.  Instead, one just has to remember to invoke bmake instead of make.

I am happy to go with prior art or additional suggestions, but I am currently unaware of anything that applies.

Cheers,
Brook