Re: pkg_add(8). Bug in handling the flag "automatic"?

I think that's not quite right; your patch seems to change the docs for
-u, not -U.

"pkg_add -u" seems to unset automatic.  (I really don't understand what
it actually does beyond the package named, and I wonder if it should be
retired in the age of package managers.)

"pkg_add -U" doesn't touch automatic.  Also, it does add the package if
it's not already there, and I think that's a bug - it should fail.

Basically my view is that there should be a replace operation and an add
operation, and (more softly) each should fail if the expected conditions
aren't met.