Re: CVS commit: wip/signify

youri <youri.mout%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> That's the issue I hit. Is there a way my port can work out of the box
> on NetBSD 6 without having to set FETCH_USING= curl in mk.conf ?

packages should not set user variables.  In the modern age, not being
able to fetch https is broken.  So arguably the right thing is for
pkgsrc infrastructure to know that NetBSD 6 (and surely many other
systems) needs a workaround for https and deal with it automatically.
But this isn't about your package; it's a pkgsrc-wide issue.