Re: to revbump or not to revbump?

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 06:52:48PM +0100, Emile `iMil' Heitor wrote:
 > Debugging a bit further, I noticed that the packages to be removed
 > all depended on fontconfig, which is NOT to be upgraded because I
 > have the latest version installed (fontconfig-2.11.1nb1 from
 > pkgsrc-2014Q3). Thing is, fontconfig from HEAD, while also being at
 > version 2.11nb1, does not depend anymore on freetype2, and that
 > makes the reverse dependency tree wrong for the 6 packages to be
 > removed, thus leading to their removal.
 >
 > My question is: was it a mistake not to bump fontconfig revision or
 > must I take that kind of wild update into account directly in
 > pkgin?

Any change to DEPENDS requires bumping the package whose depends
change, so if fontconfig stopped depending on something it should have
been bumped.

(And if you take something out of a bl3 file so all depends of it
change their depends, they all need to be bumped.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost