Re: pkg_regress usage and errors

Le 15/05/12 14:17, Jeremy C. Reed a écrit :
1. Running "make" in pkgsrc/regress results in numerous ERRORs.

I see the pkgsrc guide mentions pkg_regress.

We should have a README in pkgsrc/regress/README that explains it also.
Is it okay to have errors when running make? Can someone please explain
this in a README (even if it just points to the pkgsrc guide)?

Should we have a make all target in pkgsrc/regress that has
understandable or informational output?

2. Running pkg_regress results in:

sunflower:regress$ /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_regress
ERROR: Expected "USE_TOOLS\+=perl" in the output, but it is not there.
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
===> Cleaning for compiler-1.1
ERROR: Expected "^Cplain.*:.*Cplain" in the output, but it is not there.
===> Cleaning for compiler-1.1
ERROR: Expected "Required package bison" in the output, but it is not
there.
ERROR: Expected "Circular dependency detected" in the output, but it is
not there.
ERROR: Didn't expect "bison-must-be-deinstalled" in the output, but
found it.
ERROR: Expected "^The variable MAKE_ENV remains unchanged\.$" in the
output, but it is not there.
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
ERROR: Expected "^@comment Matched test file.$" in the output, but it is
not there.
ERROR: Expected "^print-plist/foo$" in the output, but it is not there.
ERROR: Expected "^@comment Matched test directory.$" in the output, but
it is not there.
ERROR: Expected "^@dirrm print-plist$" in the output, but it is not
there.
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
ERROR: Expected exit code 0, but got 1.
Tests failed:  barrier bootstrap-install-sh buildlink-libtool
buildlink-transform buildlink-unwrap compiler ignore-tools
make-env-phases make-quoting pkg-options print-plist tools

Statistics:
   1 passed, 12 failed

Is the above what others are seeing?

pkg_regress needs a manual page.

Is any NetBSD system automated to run the pkg_regress tests?  If not,
can we do this?

What other regression tests should we add?

I'd like to prove that a selection of packages work to install, run, and
deinstall.  It would also be nice to simulate some upgrade type
scenario.

Apparently not much has changed since this posting.
For example, regress/tools seems to only need LANG=C or LANG=posix in order to get it to pass directly... Some errors, such is from regress/make-quoting are actually disconcerting if the constructs expected to pass are indeed used:
===> Building for regress-make-1.0
Testing bmake(1) version 20110606
Running testcase bug2
Running testcase dblquote