Re: Planning for pkgsrc-2014Q2

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 19:55:51 +0200, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> Last time, in the run up to the freeze, we had a slew of commits which
> did not play well with each other.  We'd like to avoid that this time,
> so if you want to make any changes between now and the 15th, or know
> of any large-scale or far-reaching updates, can you send a "heads up"
> message to tech-pkg, please?  This will help everyone know what your
> plans are, and will only take a minute or two.

I would like to rename the current net/netatalk package (v2.2.5, which
is the last release supporting ddp AKA AppleTalk) to either netatalk22
or netatalk-ddp, and import wip/netatalk30 as net/netatalk30 (with an
eye to adding a netatalk31).

v2.2.5 has problems with newer Mac OS X versions, and CUPS support is
non-trivially broken after the update to v1.7.3 (pkg/48889).

v3.1.x is, according to the developers, a technology preview for
spotlight support with rough edges.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281