Re: pkgsrc-2013Q4 freeze started

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:22:14AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > pkgsrc is now frozen in preparation for the 2013Q4 branch.
>
> Could you please mention more specific what kind of changes
> needs prior approval during freeze?
>
> There was a vague complaint in the previous freeze
> and it discouraged certain developers.

Ok, I'll try again.

Not allowed:

* no updates to infrastructure (mk/) without PMC approval
* no updates to non-leaf packages with PMC approval

Allowed:

* patching packages to fix build breakage -- but please take care to
  not break other platforms. In case of any doubt, send patches for
  review first.
* security updates -- but be careful here as well

If necessary, leaf package updates are ok, but not recommended --
let's try fixing stuff instead, we can update all packages again in ~2
weeks.

Is that clear enough? If not, please mention which cases you want
stated more explicitly.

Thanks,
 Thomas