Re: Removing packages without DESTDIR support

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:21:40AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 17:48:10 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
> <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 11:09:34AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> >>Do you intend to drop USE_DESTDIR=no support from pkgsrc?
> >
> >Yes.
>
> "Removing packages without DESTDIR support" and "drop USE_DESTDIR=no support
> from pkgsrc"
> are different matter.

Sure, but the former is a requirement of the latter and being able to
remove all the associated complications for direct installation is a
very important goal.

> I'd like to say that I love "USE_DESTDIR=no" for convenience installation on
> slow platforms.

Have you tried setting PKG_COMPRESSION=none? That should reduce the time
spend a lot if computation is the problem.

Joerg