builtin MesaLib

I am currently running into problems with my test pbulk environment,
because it's trying to use pkgsrc MesaLib on top of native X (-current
but not with the latest X stuff). When building modular-xorg-server
this leads it into a hole where:

   - pkgsrc libdrm is built and installed (this is pbulk's doing)
   - pkgsrc MesaLib is built and installed (this is pbulk's doing)
   - the native libdrm libs and includes are buildlinked
   - the native libdrm's pkgconfig file is *not* buildlinked
   - pkgsrc MesaLib is buildlinked
   - the buildlinked pkgconfig file(s) from MesaLib fail

so the build fails in configure with:

   Package 'gl' requires 'libdrm >= 2.4.24' but version of libdrm is 2.4.23

It is not exactly critical to be able to build modular-xorg-server on
top of native X, but it used to work. Also this is indicative of an
infrastructure problem: the MesaLib package pbulk produces depends on
pkgsrc libdrm, but things using it seem to be willing to take the
builtin one. (This is different from the problem I committed
infrastructure fixes for last week.)

I am not sure what needs to be fixed to correct the above, but before
doing so we need to fix something else I discovered in the course of
investigating the above.

Namely, it shouldn't be using pkgsrc MesaLib at all.

% make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.MesaLib
MesaLib>=7.8.0 MesaLib>=3.4.2
% grep Version /usr/X11R7/lib/pkgconfig/gl.pc
Version: 7.8.2

Nonetheless:
% make show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.MesaLib
no

It turns out that the problem is here:
% make show-var VARNAME=BUILTIN_PKG.MesaLib
MesaLib-4.0.4

(!)

It seems that graphics/Mesa/version.mk hasn't been updated since 2005
and it's come unglued from reality.

It would be helpful if someone who knows how to do that check right
would fix it. Or maybe the lot should be replaced by a pkgconfig
query. Otherwise if the baseline BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS for MesaLib
ever gets set to a halfway recent version, everything for everyone
will try to build pkgsrc MesaLib on top of native X and much howling
will ensue.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost