Re: Change version number of python built-in module packages

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 11:06:31AM +1200, David Sainty wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 00:29 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> > I don't see an easy fix.
> >
> > On the other hand, the whole contents of py-Tk is one dynamically
> > loadable module, so I don't think a buildlink3.mk file is appropriate
> > or necessary.
> >
> > I suggest replacing it, where included, with a plain
> >   DEPENDS+= ${PYPKGPREFIX}-Tk-[0-9]*:../../x11/py-Tk
> > line.
> >
> > Does anyone see a problem with that?
> >  Thomas
> >

> If that's the appropriate package-specific way to "link" in this
> package, perhaps the buildlink3.mk could just contain that line in the
> body, along with an enlightening comment why?

No, I don't think that's a good idea. We don't want to replace all
*DEPENDS lines with buildlink3.mk inclusions -- these files are only
needed when you compile and/or link against headers and/or libraries
installed by another package, to make the buildlink3 framework show
them (by default, they are all hidden).
 Thomas