Re: Change version number of python built-in module packages

* On 2013-04-12 at 12:01 BST, OBATA Akio wrote:

> Currently, version number of python built-in module packages
> is fixed as 0:
>   databases/py-sqlite3
>   devel/py-curses
>   devel/py-cursespanel
>   devel/py-readline
>   textproc/py-expat
>   textproc/py-cElementTree
>   x11/py-Tk
>
> I feel it should be changed to use base python version ${PY_DISTVERSION
> (same as Ruby and PHP modules), or those packages will not be updated
> even if update of Pyhon base distribution contains fixes for such modules.
>
> Any comments/suggestins/objections?

This broke pbulk:

  pbulk-resolve: No match found for dependency py26-Tk>=2.7.5nb1 of package
py26-OpenGL-3.0.1nb2
  pbulk-resolve: No match found for dependency py26-Tk>=2.7.5nb1 of package
py26-imagingtk-1.1.7nb4
  pbulk-resolve: No match found for dependency py26-Tk>=2.7.5nb1 of package
py26-matplotlib-tk-1.2.0nb2

The problem is py-Tk's buildlink3.mk:

  BUILDLINK_ABI_DEPENDS.pytk+=    ${PYPKGPREFIX}-Tk>=2.7.5nb1

which needs to be changed to use PY_DISTVERSION instead, but I do not
off-hand know of a clean way to do this.  This originated due to a
revbump, so it's possible the revbump tools will need fixing too to
understand this versioning scheme.

Please fix.

Thanks,