Re: fixing x11-links

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 09:36:37PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > > > -.if ${X11_TYPE} == "native" && ${OPSYS} != "Cygwin" &&
 > > > exists(${X11BASE}/lib/pkgconfig/dri.pc)
 > > > +.if ${X11_TYPE} == "native" && ${OPSYS} != "Cygwin" && ${OPSYS} !=
 > > > "NetBSD" && exists(${X11BASE}/lib/pkgconfig/dri.pc)
 > > >  PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.MesaLib+=    dri
 > > >  .endif
 > >
 > >It might, but I don't consider it satisfactory. The only thing getting
 > >in the way of building cairo with dri/drm support is x11-links.
 >
 > But it was not required for NetBSD, just added for OpenBSD (and not
 > broken on NetBSD back then), then I found it was broken with
 > Cygwin, it's the current situation.  Making exception on NetBSD is
 > just back to original situation for NetBSD.
 >
 > Please refer commit log of pkgsrc/x11/libdrm/buildlink3.mk rev1.16.

I'm not sure I fully understand; you're saying that the dri option was
turned off by default for OpenBSD not because it didn't work but
because x11-links was breaking it, and that OpenBSD should therefore
be removed from the above test after x11-links is fixed?

 > If you really want to Reduce mimimal requirement of libdrm from 2.4.15,
 > you also do recursive bump from there, because packages depending on
 > libdrm will be changed to use builtin one instead of pksrc one.

Aren't any such packages going to be linked to both pkgsrc and native
libdrm and thus broken?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost