Re: ftp enhancements

Le 18/03/13 21:04, Greg Troxel a écrit :

Jean-Yves Migeon <jym%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

These are high trafic sites though, I am surprised that they are
forcing TLS-only connections...

Separately from distfile integrity issues, it seems a number of sites
are forcing all traffic to https as part of a greater social struggle
against monitoring.  Regardless, the reality is that pkgsrc has to cope
with upstreams that have distfiles available only over https.

Agreed. I did not know that this choice was so widespread, I thought it was limited to gitub-like sites though.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
The NetBSD Foundation