Re: xentools41 LDFLAGS

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 03:52:29PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I don't object, but does it really make sense for xentools to have such
> a heavy dependency as ocaml?  I suppose if they use it in their build
> system, and we need a change, that's just how it is, and it's not worth
> trying to fight it, since CPU time on anything that can be a dom0 is not
> that scarce.  (At least it isn't haskell, which seems very hard to deal
> with portably.)

the OCaml implementation of xenstored scales better (according
to the paper) and is more stable (according to A.J.G. further
upthread); I guess it won't be optional soonish. Don't shoot the
messenger; I only fixed the rpath building, and threw a few comments
at Aaron's other patches.

(Personally, my users demand OCamL anyway, so it's not an additional
build for me; and it's much faster to build than Erlang or Haskell and
I think also than Perl; don't know about Python).

Regards,
        -is
--
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/