Re: xentools41 LDFLAGS Re: broken packages for 2012Q3

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 08:43:22AM +0100, Jaap Boender wrote:
> On 14/10/2012 03:44, David Holland wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:05:43PM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> > > ocamlc wraps gcc and friends, and these calls out appear to be
> > > intercepted by buildlink:
> >
> >No; the problem is that it's pointing into the work directory and
> >should be pointing at $PREFIX.
>
> Yup, some strangish ocaml stuff going on there.

any program that builds sets of shared libraries with dependencies on
each other seems like it would have similar issues.  you need them to
link with each other from the build locations at compile/link time, but
have an rpath coded into them for the installation location.

> Jeff Rizzo mailed me about this, and I've got a patch (attached) that
> makes the package compile; I can commit it if you like, but it will
> need some more testing to see if it doesn't break anything.
[snip]
> --- tools/ocaml/libs/xc/Makefile.orig 2012-08-10 13:51:29.000000000 +0000
> +++ tools/ocaml/libs/xc/Makefile
[snip]
> -LIBS_xc = -L$(XEN_ROOT)/tools/libxc -lxenctrl -lxenguest
> +LIBS_xc = -ldopt -L$(XEN_ROOT)/tools/libxc -lxenctrl -lxenguest

passing -ldopt to ocamlmklib omits the generation of rpath, so the
resulting libraries don't have any rpath encoded into them.  the test
would be if oxenstored runs.  (I think it has currently been excised
from the build...)

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost