Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/pkg-config

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 08:35:09PM +0200, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a site note, FreeBSD recently switched to pkgconf[1] as a
> BSD-licensed (and - according to it's author - better) replacement for
> pkg-config.
>
> It might be worth to examine it's suitability for pkgsrc, and whether
> it's possible for pkgsrc to replace pkg-config with this in general.
>
> I started packaging it, but didn't get around to finish it yet.
> Since I just started out, I didn't commit anything to wip yet either.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Moritz
>
> [1] http://github.com/pkgconf/pkgconf

Thanks for that - I've dusted up my old bsd-pkg-config script, and it seems
to do what the others do, too. Mine is a grungy shell script, which kinda
helps if there are bootstrapping or circ dependency issues (I don't think
we have this, but the day may come when someone wants to describe gettext
with pkg-config, and will that be fun).

        othersrc/external/bsd/bsd-pkg-config

Regards,
Alistair