Re: make modular X11 the default on NetBSD

On 5/17/2012 18:31, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:01:03AM -0400, Julio Merino wrote:

Another option would be to only rebuild a package if its full version
(including the revision) has changed.  Yes, I'm aware that this has
its own problems, but it also means that the maintainer controls
exactly what causes a package to be rebuilt and ensures that package
revisions are bumped to showcase differences in the binaries.

It doesn't help for that purpose. In fact, it just increases the chance
of getting broken binary packages by a significant factor.

Joerg

Some kind of option like this needs to be added. I am running a new bulk build 3 days after the old one, and it's building the webgit-gtks AGAIN even though nothing touched them. For my purposes, I don't care to cascade "touches" up. I'd love a pbulk_mk.conf option that only rebuilds a package if pkgrevision or version number changes. It doesn't have to be the default action, but I'd love the option.

John