Re: make modular X11 the default on NetBSD

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 04:15:03PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Manuel Bouyer
> <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 01:38:13AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> >>
> >> Building packages this way is not feasible I think due to interactions
> >> between
> >> no-X and X packages. Well, running three bulk builds sequencially
> >> doesn't look like
> >> a good solution to me.
> >
> > At last not with the hardware we have now for official x86 packages.
> > It already takes way too much time to provide binary updates.
>
> LA of build servers would be significantly less if we stopped building
> a lot of broken packages again and again for every quarter release.
> graphics/evas, for example, is broken for years, x11/qt4-creator --
> for several months.

evas only applies to certain branches for example. I don't buy this
argument. At least for current, a rebuild without any changes takes much
less than a day. There are very few examples that actually take more
than 15min to build and that are also broken.

Joerg