Re: make modular X11 the default on NetBSD

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 04:15:03PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>> LA of build servers would be significantly less if we stopped building
>> a lot of broken packages again and again for every quarter release.
>> graphics/evas, for example, is broken for years, x11/qt4-creator --
>> for several months.
>
> evas only applies to certain branches for example. I don't buy this
> argument. At least for current, a rebuild without any changes takes much
> less than a day. There are very few examples that actually take more
> than 15min to build and that are also broken.

ttp://mova.org/~cheusov/pub/pkgsrc-distbb/NetBSD51/HEAD/logs/20120511.1143/META/report.html#checks

On my slow system it takes ~26 hours. And this is only 5.1/amd64.
To be honest significant part of this time was taken by "scanning".
And this is another problem for quarter builds.