Re: building multiple targets, postgis

On Aug 29,  1:49am, Greg Troxel wrote:
}
} postgis 2 has a functioning build target for docs (and they are less
} prebuilt), and an install target, but no make target to do both.   I
} asked for that, but upstream didn't want to add it (and I really don't
} get that, but..).
}
} In building postgis not in pkgsrc, I do
}
} gmake
} gmake docs
}
} and then to install
}
} gmake install
} gmake docs-intall
}
} Looking in pkgsrc/mk, it seems there is no concept of "do both of these
} targets":
}
}   .if !target(do-build)
}   do-build:
}   .  for _dir_ in ${BUILD_DIRS}
}           ${RUN}${_ULIMIT_CMD}                                        \
}           cd ${WRKSRC} && cd ${_dir_} &&                      \
}           ${BUILD_MAKE_CMD} ${BUILD_TARGET}
}   .  endfor
}   .endif
}
}
} So,
}
}   should BUILD_TARGET be a list?

     Yes, BUILD_TARGET should be a list.  Just add it to the pkgsrc
Makefile, i.e:

BUILD_TARGET=   all docs
INSTALL_TARGET= install docs-install

I can confirm that the latter works as I use it in the asterisk
packages.

}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel