Re: CVS commit: wikisrc/projects/project

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 02:12:51PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 03:33:06AM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> >> "Bootstrapping" OpenSSL is part of problem, right.
> >> I still think that it would be much better if TLS was treated just like
> >> curses:
> >> if a platform doesn't have it, that should be treated as an exception,
> >> rather than what we do now (treating all platforms like not having TLS
> >> support).
> >
> > net/fetch on NetBSD does have TLS support by default...
>
> Then we should make it default fetch method

Fine with me, but ...

> and stop using tricks when
> dealing with HTTPS sites.

... that still doesn't address the issue of non-NetBSD (in particular
non-openssl-in-base operating systems).

I'm not yet sure how to solve this properly. Perhaps add an fetchs
package that's the same as fetch, but depends on openssl, make it the
default, but override it in openssl to use fetch instead.
 Thomas