Re: pkg-config-0.26

On 2/9/12 3:39 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 03:01:08PM -0500, Julio Merino wrote:
On 1/24/12 9:05 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 01:47:28PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
Here's an update for pkg-config to 0.26, the version where it switched
>from its internal copy of glib1 to depending on glib2. (Incidentally,
this reduces the executable size from 95KB to 52KB.)

My objection stands. I still don't see any point in adding such a huge
dependency.

Huh?  pkg-config has *always* used glib.  The only difference is
that glib used to be bundled into the distfile, and now it's an
external dependency.

What's the real problem again?

pkg-config is self-contained. Given how central in the dependency tree
it is, that's quite important. More so since there are quite a few
things that don't otherwise pull in anything gnome related that would
now be force to.

So again, what's the problem?  glib is as much gnome as it is kde or irssi.