Re: pkg-config-0.26

So perhaps we add a way to define an ABI serial number, and then the
rule is

  if ABI_SERIAL is not defined
     set unsafe_depends_loose

  if ABI_SERIAL is defined
     if it matches
         don't set unsafe_depends_loose
     else
         set unsafe_depends_loose

Then people can set the ABI serial to 1 the first time it's added, and
then bump it correctly any time the ABI changes (which includes the
format of any script that might be parsed by something else; it's not
just about shlibs).

But, this would be a second mechanism that sort of does what revbumping
is supposed to do, and I'm very nervous about seriously proprosing that
without understanding the consequences.