Re: annotated bulk failures, pre-2011Q4 edition

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 07:11:25PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 >  > > games/exult             (**) error compiling bison output as C++
 >  >
 >  > Can't reproduce on 5.99.58/amd64.
 >
 > Joerg's not seeing it either (that's what the (**) means) but I have
 > no idea what would be different in my environment. It ought to be
 > installing using the bison from pkgsrc within the build, but even if
 > it's escaping and using the one in /usr/pkg, that's the same one
 > compiled on Nov 28.

At closer inspection it turns out not to be bison's fault, and I just
fixed it. But now I really don't understand why nobody else saw it.
Bison is apparently capable of passing its string constants through
some form of gettext, which might mask the type error; but I saw
nothing in the package that seemed capable of activating that code;
and without it, it was passing string constants to void yyerror(char *),
which AFAIK gcc 4.5 doesn't allow in C++ even without -W options.

Furthermore, while there's an output .cc file included in the package,
because the .yy file is patched and the .cc file isn't, the .cc file
should always get rebuilt. Or so I'd think. Plus the included .cc file
also passes string constants to yyerror.

*twilight zone music*

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost