Re: pkg_install in base system again

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 01:09:14PM +0200, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 > > Or you could set $PATH correctly...
 >
 > If we have to explicitely skip outdated and buggy
 > pkg_* tools in base, what is the reason to have it in base then?

So it works out of the box? To avoid having to bootstrap (an extra
step that people won't necessarily understand)? To avoid having to
bootstrap so that afterwards you have to remember that /usr/bin/make
and /usr/pkg/bin/bmake are different and never accidentally mix them
up?

It's a serious usability issue.

--
David A. Holland