Re: pkg_install in base system again

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 09:04:25PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> I have no strong opinion here but I think running pkg_setup
> is a trivial operation. I don't see reasons for additional set
> and modifying sysinst. At least for now.
> Also idea is to always use a recent version of pkg_install.

Well, assuming that we will ammend install CDs with binary pkgs, it seems
like we should provide some way to install them, even if a network connection
is (currently) not available (or not wanted).

Otherwise I'm fine with offering an option to just run your script in a
chroot when the target system is done with installation (automatically, by
sysinst).

That way the net effect of the change, from a user perspective, should be
close to zero.

Martin