Re: Openindiana pkgsrc bulk build status

Roy Marples wrote:
On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 22:13 +0200, rudolf wrote:
fwiw, editors/joe is broken due to the patches/patch-ac, removing that
file fixes this package on my old installation of OpenSolaris. The patch
was introduced because PR lib/43941 (hence CCing roy@).

I don't have access to an OpenSolaris machine, but from here it looks
like termcap.h doesn't define the correct termcap prototypes and they're
in curses.h? So if you adjust the patch to pull in curses.h again does
it still work?

There is no /usr/include/termcap.h on that machine and the tgetent() and other prototypes used by joe are in /usr/include/term.h.

I guess the correct fix is using something like the following instead the replacing of the orig. joe code with ``#include <termcap.h>''?
###############################
#ifdef HAVE_TERMCAP_H
#include <termcap.h>
#else

(the following is the orig. joe code)
#ifdef HAVE_CURSES_H
#include <curses.h>
#endif
/* curses has to come before term.h on SGI */
#ifdef HAVE_TERM_H
/* term.h is a disaster: it #defines 'tab' */
#include <term.h>
#endif

#endif

But unfortunately the AC_CHECK_HEADERS in configure.ac does not include the "termcap.h", so I guess the patch will probably need to touch more files to get the "HAVE_TERMCAP_H" defined when appropriate.

r.