Re: Openindiana pkgsrc bulk build status

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 10:03:16AM +0200, iMil wrote:
>   * sysutils/hal: checking for XML_ParserCreate in -lexpat... no (while
> expat dependency IS installed). Real problem is :
>
> configure:16736: checking for XML_ParserCreate in -lexpat
> configure:16761: gcc -o conftest -O -Du_int32_t=uint32_t
> - -I/opt/ipp/pkg/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wchar-subscripts
> - -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
> - -Wsign-compare -I/opt/ipp/pkg/include -I/usr/include -Wl,--as-needed
> - -L/opt/ipp/pkg/lib -Wl,-R/opt/ipp/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib
> conftest.c -lexpat   >&5
> ld: fatal: unrecognized option '--'
> ld: fatal: use the -z help option for usage information
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The problem is --as-needed. Just committed a fix.

>   * multimedia/xine-lib: linking error

I guess you're seeing problems related to text relocations in asm code.
Somewhere I read there is a linker flag to make that work, but I never
was able to get it working. Instead I disabled asm optimizations
everywhere.

>   * audio/nas
>
> /usr/ccs/bin/ar cqs libdia.a dispatch.o dixutils.o events.o globals.o
> main.o res
> ource.o swapreq.o        tables.o swaprep.o        audispatch.o auswap.o
> autable
> s.o auevents.o auutil.o auconfig.o        auprocess.o  nasconf.o lex.o
> gram.o
> bmake: $(_NULLCMD_) expands to empty string
> bmake: $(_NULLCMD_) expands to empty string
> bmake: don't know how to make dda/sun/libsun.a. Stop

I have a simple patch that makes nas use oss on SunOS, too. That would
work on OpenSolaris >= b115, OpenIndiana, anything Illumos-based, and
Solaris 11. I don't really know how to make this work on older Solaris
releases, and I have no way to test.

I have similar patches for other audio applications, most notably
audacious. Audacious has an OSS4 output plugin that can be used with
Boomer, and the SUN output plugin doesn't even work because it needs
BSD extensions not present on Solaris.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown