Re: pkgsrc/mk/tools/replace.mk vs. pkgsrc/archivers/gtar-base/Makefile

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost>
wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
>> I think we should desupport the GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX variable instead.
>> If you use pkgsrc and have other tar implementations, just put
>> ${PREFIX}/bin before /usr/bin in your path...
>
> The purpose I used GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX is that I didn't have another
> "tar" implementation beginning with the letter "t". I wanted a "tar"
> called "tar".

I think this does not currrently work... as the gtar-base Makefile has:

.if defined(GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX) && ${GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX} != ""
GTAR_PROGRAM_PREFIX?=   ${GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX}
.else
GTAR_PROGRAM_PREFIX?=   g
.endif

Or did you mean you set GTAR_PROGRAM_PREFIX to null in which case the
above would not have any effect.

 - Tim