RE: opsys version (RE: Making it easier to get and use pkgsrc)

> Well, not yet, since I haven't added code for Linux yet.
> Where's this "-1.ydl61.5" coming from? What does it mean, if
> anything?

Something to do with the vendor/distro.  (I assume some kind of build number
for QA.)  I use Yellow Dog Linux (YDL).  On a box I have available at work
(CentOS, based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux), the uname -r is
"2.6.18-53.1.14.el5" (note the "EL" toward the end).  YDL is also based on
RH/CentOS.  Perhaps this extra version info is peculiar to RH-derived Linuxen?
My Ubuntu box is packed up in preparation to move, but maybe someone could
check some other Linux flavors?

Tim
--
Tim Larson
App Admin, Intercall Production Services