Re: Moving mk.conf

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 07:10:58 +0300, Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost> wrote:
On moving mk.conf.

The most reasonable approach I can come up, is installing default
/etc/mk.conf
with this content:

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK
.sinclude "/usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf"
.else
# Put your non-pkgsrc configuration here.
.endif

This is basically what I use.

This is wrong: mk.conf relates to pkgsrc, not system package configuration directory.

BTW, that's dubious, you hardcode path to /usr/pkg (which is completely arbitrary, so how is it supposed to work when someone bootstraps with a different --sysconfdir?)

If you want to share a common core between multiple pkgsrc setups, just have PKGSRCDIR/conf/mk.conf (whatever its name, just put it below PKGSRCDIR), and .sinclude /etc/mk.conf (which can be done by added by default, if you want to.

That way, you retain your "global configuration" file (with the additional benefit of not breaking the present setup), and still have the possiblity to tweak all local pkgsrc tree in any way you like.

All paths in pkgsrc are relative. It's not obvious that its behaviour can depend on a file living _outside_ its base dir. I hardly cannot see the reason why it was made that way by default with NetBSD...

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost