Re: graphics/jpeg Vs graphics/libjpeg-turbo

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:11:13AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
[..]

> Maybe we run a test bulk build with libjpeg-turbo, test it and if it works
> just
> switch to it by default on i386 & amd64?

Is libjpeg-turbo just libjepg with optimized code or is it a rewritte of
libjpeg?
If the later then does it have all the features which the current libjpeg has
and
will libjpeg vanish in the long term?

It makes me a little nervous to switch this library which is used by so many
programs.

Bernd