pkgsrcCon: what to steal from *BSD ports

Hi!

About ten days ago, pkgsrcCon was held in Basel. I'd like to thank the
organizers, in particular Vera, for a well organized conference!

One of the most interesting parts of the conference for me was the
comparison with FreeBSD ports and the OpenBSD packaging system.

Some features I found worth imitating:
. OpenBSD "pkg_add -u"
  Upgrades all installed packages based on binary packages; leaves
  libraries lying around in separate packages if they are still
  needed; automatically wanders tree in proper order; removes
  library-packages when they are not needed any longer.
  (OpenBSD, however, doesn't have up-to-date packages currently for the
  last release, only for -current.)

  NetBSD: pkgin is probably on the way to get there.

. FreeBSD's pointyhat
  A web interface to a cluster of bulk build servers that build all
  packages on all supported FreeBSD platforms, see
  pointyhat.freebsd.org

  NetBSD: pbulk would probably be a good base, but there's much more
  to do until we get to a similar system, including getting
  hardware.

. FreeBSD's tinderbox
  Every ports commit triggers an automatic rebuild of the directly
  affected ports (i.e. those which the commit touched, not the ports
  depending on them) and checks if it packages. If not, the committer
  and the mailing list get an automatic mail with the error that was
  found.

  NetBSD: We currently don't really have anything like that.

Anyone interested in getting pkgsrc something like the above?

Cheers,
 Thomas