Re: Change request of devel/autoconf to use .tar.gz

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 09:28:29AM -0500, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
 > Does anyone know if xz _really really_ requires gcc >=3.4?

I don't, but it shouldn't be that hard to try it and find out...

 > I work with a number of older platforms, and I know for a fact that
 > gcc 3.4 is not even a remote dream right now.  (On one, I'd be
 > happy just to have 2.95.x working.)  That effectively means losing
 > pkgsrc on them.

Since I don't remember exactly which crazy platforms you've been
working with :-)  are these CPUs no longer supported by newer gcc,
which takes serious work, or just OS-related build issues, which are
merely lengthy and tedious to patch up?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost