Re: Perl package problem

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 06:37:12PM +1300, Steven Drake wrote:
> > > Do you also know what the bug is?
> >
> > Yes, I was just being lazy.  It's the in the line that runs perllink, it
> > uses `-p ${PKG_PREFIX}' and if for some reason this hasn't been set by
> > pkg_add/pkg_delete (possibly your version of pkg_install) then it see the
> > add/delete command as the prefix and no command.
>
> I've examined your theory and it turns out that you are (mostly) right
> about the problem. The message is caused by the use of "perllink"
> in "deinstall.tmpl" where "PKG_PREFIX" is not defined. It is probably
> worthwhile fixing that.
>
> The problem doesn't affect "install.tmpl" because "pkg_add" sets
> the variable in that case.

I was actually thinking you had an older version of pkg_install that did not
set "PKG_PREFIX" at all.  I'm using the latest version (pkg_install-20091115
from the 2009Q4 branch) and I don't have this error at all.

If pkg_delete does not set "PKG_PREFIX" then how come I don't get an
error message when I do a "pkg_delete perl" or "pkg_add -u perl-..."?

--
Steven