Re: [Joerg Sonnenberger] CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 05:22:45PM +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:30:44 -0500
> Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>

> > I missed the discussion on this change and would have objected.
> >
> > Has anyone tested 'make replace' as invoked by pkg_rolling-replace for
> > the USE_DESTDIR case, including setting of unsafe_depends?  There's

unsafe_depends works the same as before.

> > enough of a user community of pkg_rr that it seems unreasoable to enable
> > this by default even for PKG_DEVELOPER until that's ok.
>
> I would also like to request that this change be reverted until make
> replace works correctly for the case when the version to be replaced is
> the same as the version currently installed.
>
> Currently it fails silently which is very bad for pkg_rr.

For me it is balancing two different groups. Developers that prepare
updates etc and should bother to test destdir to not introduce
regressions. The second set are those doing pkg_rr or whatever. At the
moment I classify the former for importantly, especially because nothing
forces you to use USE_DESTDIR during pkg_rr runs.

Joerg