Re: [Joerg Sonnenberger] CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:30:44 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> I missed the discussion on this change and would have objected.
>
> Has anyone tested 'make replace' as invoked by pkg_rolling-replace for
> the USE_DESTDIR case, including setting of unsafe_depends?  There's
> enough of a user community of pkg_rr that it seems unreasoable to enable
> this by default even for PKG_DEVELOPER until that's ok.

I would also like to request that this change be reverted until make
replace works correctly for the case when the version to be replaced is
the same as the version currently installed.

Currently it fails silently which is very bad for pkg_rr.

-Tobias