Re: Packages without DESTDIR support

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 09:34:01AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
 > > ...unfortunately, you broke my tree where I was halfway through moving
 > > most of that huge pile of patches to a jumbo patch distfile.
 > >
 > > ah well, my own fault for letting it sit for ~3 months.
 >
 > Apologies - theoretically it shouldn't be a complete nightmare to
 > create patched trees of the new and previous revision, and then get a
 > diff between them, but I know what a pain it can be when something
 > like that hits you mid-way.

Yeah, and it doesn't help that I put it down when it was
half-finished.

 > Actually there may be some sanity in importing the last xview-* into
 > googlecode or github and rolling a new full distfile for people to
 > play with. I did that with a couple of (*much* smaller) abandoned
 > distfiles.

Yes, I've been thinking about that and there was some talk on chat
about it -- assuming the license allows it, and it seems to, it would
make life a lot easier.

One of the things I'd done was rerun xmkmf and roll the (not small)
results into the patch; I forget why this was necessary but it had
something to do with installing the xview imake templates properly.
Something in the current pkgsrc package is bollixed up.

There's also a stack of Debian patches...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost