Setting *some* packages to use /etc

I have a set of packages which I want to use /etc for their config files (pretty much only those which have config I change and care about/backedup if $PREFIX was blown away), but most I want to leave in $PREFIX/etc

I currently have the below in mk.conf - can anyone think of a saner way of doing this?

I'm actually half tempted to switch to a post package update script which just checks to see if files already exists in /etc and moves the matching entries from $PREFIX/etc if not, and creates symlinks, which would remove some of the 'magic' from my local package builds (if not my package deploys)

PKG_USE_ETC=\
ÂÂÂ audio/mserv_irman \
ÂÂÂ audio/musicpd \
ÂÂÂ lang/pear \