Re: [HEADS UP] PKGTOOLS_REQD bump and related changes

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 09:19:43PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 09:46:43PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > before the freeze I have commmitted the following large scale changes.
> > This can result in some fallout, so be warned:
> >
> > (1) License infrastructure
> >
> > The license check is now using pkg_admin and allows boolean expressions.
> > E.g. LICENSE= artistic OR gnu-gpl-v2.  If you get complains about
> > PKGSRC_ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES, check your mk.conf.  Valid license names are
> > lower case only.
>
> Yeah, it might be a good idea to accept upper and lower case, and fold
> the case to lower on input (so that the hashing still works).

Given that it is a one-time change I am not sure if case-folding is the
best approach. It also checks for other characters, upper case letters
are just the most likeliest candidate. With 20090610 it is better at
pointing to the error as well.

> > (2) @dirrm
> >
> > pkg_delete is performing automatic pruning of directories now. Empty
> > directories in packages can be requested by @pkgdir in the PLIST and
> > will be considered. As some packages had quite a bit of magic related
> > to @dirrm entries, there might be some fallout. I am running a bulk
> > build now to identify those issues.
>
> Is the @dirrm directive not recognised any more, or is there an error or
> warning message attached?

It is silently ignored. The edge cases where it doesn't work are small
enough that I don't think a warning is justified.

Joerg